Explore the whole of Thailand's significant historical sites in one day at Muang boran the Ancient City (also known as Ancient Siam*). The replica of temple, palace and monument will take you back to the dawn of Siamese to see beautiful architecture and culture in each period from pre-historical to Rattanakosin (Thai current dynasty). Most importantly, Muang boran was built to preserve Siamese true heritage for descendants to witness. Moreover, the Ancient city is well known as one of the world largest outdoor museum where you can explore by a scheduled tram or ride your own bicycle to get around the Ancient city. You may spend time about 2-5 hours and you can easily get local lunch or Dinner with reasonable price at the replica floating market located in the middle of the Ancient city. For visiting the Ancient City at Muang Boran, we highly suggest you to visit in the afternoon and extend your visit until the light up at 18.00-19.00 Hrs.
*Siam is former name of Thailand
The best way to travel to the Ancient city from Bangkok city center is by BTS sky train (Currently the Shuttle service from Kheha Station to Ancient city is suspended until further notice - updated on 3rd June 2020)
- Get off at BTS Kheha station (E23) then take a free shuttle bus (weekend only) or taxi to Ancient city for about 5-10 minutes ride.
- Travel between Ancient city and Erawan museum are easily access by BTS sky train. From Kheha station, E23 (Ancient city) travel to Chang Erawan station, E17 and then take 10 minutes walk to the Erawan Museum.
Suggestion: How to travel inside the Ancient city
- Book the shuttle tram service
- Rent your own private golf cart
- Bike on your own and get healthy
- Get on a motored boat to the replica of royal barges
- Drive through on your own car
- Get on your foot to enjoy every corner
Weekend only 09:00 a.m. - 07:00 p.m. (Reopen on 1st June 2020 after Covid-19)
Schedule for tram service inside the Ancient City:
1) 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
2) 01:00 PM to 03:00 PM
3) 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
4) 05:00 PM to 07:00 PM