Explore the whole of Thailand's significant historical sites in one day at Muang boran the Ancient City (also known as Ancient Siam*). The replica of temple, palace and monument will take you back to the dawn of Siamese to see beautiful architecture and culture in each period from pre-historical to Rattanakosin (Thai current dynasty). Most importantly, Muang boran was built to preserve Siamese true heritage for descendants to witness. Moreover, the Ancient city is well known as one of the world largest outdoor museum where you can explore by a scheduled tram or ride your own bicycle to get around the Ancient city. You may spend time about 2-5 hours and you can easily get local lunch or Dinner with reasonable price at the replica floating market located in the middle of the Ancient city.
*Siam is former name of Thailand
The best way to travel to the Ancient city from Bangkok city center is by BTS sky train
- Get off at BTS Kheha station (E23) then taxi to Ancient city for about 5-10 minutes ride.
- Travel between Ancient city and Erawan museum are easily access by BTS sky train. From Kheha station, E23 (Ancient city) travel to Chang Erawan station, E17 and then take 10 minutes walk to the Erawan Museum.
Suggestion: How to travel inside the Ancient city
- Book the shuttle tram service
- Rent your own private golf cart
- Bike on your own and get healthy (temporary suspended)
- Get on a motored boat to the replica of royal barges
- Drive through on your own car
- Get on your foot to enjoy every corner that you need to spend entire day and be very healthy
Know before you go
- Due to its large area, you will need about 2 hours or more to explore all zones. So, we suggest to arrive before 16:00 hrs.
- Joined Tram service around the park will takes about 2 hours and stop at 4 places (20-30 minutes/stop)
- 9:30-11:30, 10:00-12:00, 13:00-15:00, 13:30-15:30, 14:00-16:00, 14:30-16:30, 15:00-17:00, 15:30-17:30 hrs.
- Joined Tram or Tuk Tuk service is depending on number of guests in each round. Tuk Tuk will operated if there are low number of guests. If there are more than 10 guests (especially on weekend), the tram will be operated instead.
- Renting the golf cart, please bring original passport, credit card and driver's license. (a photo copy is not accepted)
For more information, please feel free to contact us on WhatsApp (+66)95-5048282
Daily 09:00-18:00 hrs.
Schedule for tram service inside the Ancient City:
9:30, 10:00, 13:00, 13:30, 14:00, 14:30, 15:00, 15:30 hrs.