With tuks tuks to the right, and taxis waiting to rip you off to the left, how does one explore Bangkok and get the best out of this beautiful city? By joining a bike tour in Bangkok.
If you want to get to know this city beyond Khao San Road, and malls, and dig into the essence of this metropolitan, the people, and the culture so hidden, a bicycle tour will take you to places no other form of commute can. So read on to discover the best bike tours in Bangkok to explore temples, jungles, food, and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
Bike Tours in Bangkok for the Backstreet Gems
1. Temple tour - Go Bangkok bike tour
This temple tour by Go Bangkok is the one solution to exploring temples and historical sites in Rattanakosin without getting scammed by malicious tuk-tuk drivers. The bike tour continues to the Thon Buri district by crossing the Chao Phraya River. If you want to learn about history and culture, this tour offers more temples than you can imagine.
- Route: Old customs house - China Town - Phra Nakhon - Thon Buri
- Duration: 09:00 AM (8-9 hours)
- Highlight: You will witness different communities living under the same roof in Bangkok from Muslim communities, to Chinese to guided tours through ancient temples.
2. Classic bike tour - Co Van Kessel
A biking tour company almost everybody knows is Co Van Kessel. You don’t want to miss their classical bike tour when visiting Bangkok. From non-crowded alleyways to observing the locals’ way of living, this tour will give you a sense of familiarity and localness to this bustling and foreign city.
- Route: China Town - Thonburi
- Duration: 08:00 - 14:00 hrs (3 hours approximately)
- Highlights: If you are looking for the authentic off-the-beaten-path feel of Bangkok, the Classic Bike Tour is your best option.
3. Bangkok Jungle Bike Tour - Bangkok Bike Adventure
Nestled opposite the river is a lush green area considered the lung of Bangkok stretching 16 kilometers square. The bike tour with Bangkok Bike Adventure takes you on a longtail boat to Bang Ka Chao where the activity begins. Explore the stilt houses of the locals, visit a pagoda, ride in the shades of Si Nakhon Khuean Khan Park, and botanical garden.
- Route: Bang Ka Chao
- Duration: 4 hours (09:00 - 12:00 hrs.)
- Highlights: This tour includes roundtrip transfers between Bangkok hotels and the meeting point.
4. Bangkok Night Bike Tour - Bangkok bike adventure tour
Bangkok City’s night lights are a spectacle you don’t want to miss. Taking you through narrow alleys, illuminated temples, and important landmarks, take a break on a rooftop bar and sample delicious street food, sounds like the perfect way to discover this glowing city.
- Route: Khlong San - Kudi Jeen - Rooftop Bar - Flower Market
- Duration: 4 hours (17:00 - 21:00 hrs.)
- Highlights: Roundtrip transfer between your hotels and the headquarters is included.
A bike tour for foodies, is not that unusual right? This Thai Tapas Biking Tour takes you right through the heart of Thai kitchens, not literally. Sample delicious street food carefully selected by your guide, visit the local market to see where your everyday ingredients are sourced from, and finish with a scrumptious dinner at an extraordinary location.
- Duration: 3 hours (17:30 - 20:30)
- Highlights: Observe the cuisine of Thailand through street food, local markets, and the ins and outs of this country’s diverse food scene.
A bike tour for early risers is the ABC Morning Bike Tour. Experience the city in a new light, watch as vendors put up shops, and communities come to live by the train tracks and highways. Cross the Chao Phraya by longtail boat and ride through the lush plantation of Bang Ka Chao.
- Route: Sukhumvit - Bang Ka Chao
- Duration: 3 hours (08:00 - 12:00 hrs.)
- Highlights: The longtail boat to and from Bang Ka Chao offers a beautiful contrast between a big metropolitan and a lush jungle in the early morning sun.
Must-try biking escape near Bangkok
7. Colors of Damnoen Saduak - Thailandbiking
One of the most unique biking experiences in Bangkok, or in this case near Bangkok is the Colors of Damnoen Saduak by Thailandbiking. Visitors will get an all-in-one floating market, train market, and temple excursion while cycling through Thailand’s countryside.
The tour starts with a van drive to Ratchaburi province visiting Maekhlong railway market, a longtail boat ride through the canal and to Damnoen Saduak, and biking through plantations, and villages to visit temples overgrown with trees.
- Route: Bangkok - Maekhlong Railway Market - Damnoen Saduak - Wat Bang Kung - Wat Bang Kae Noi
- Duration: Full day (08:00 - 17:00 hrs.)
- Highlights: Roundtrip transfers between hotels and destinations in Bangkok including a longtail boat ride at the floating market.
So there you have it, 7 bike tours in Bangkok to choose from and take in the big mango like a true champion.